Frequently asked questions
Community Development Program
What is the ABCDE City Project?
What does the ABCDE City Project consist of?
A Land area of 150 acres
2500 two bed room houses
2500 units for production of fish and vegetables
A number of overhead water tanks
A number of solar electricity systems and a solar power plant
A vocational training and educational center
A recreational club with an auditorium
A daycare center and a primary school
A Medium sized supermarket
A Bank Branch
A center for religious activities
Primary health care unit with medical supplies
Security and project office
A fish feed mill
A processing and packaging plant
A seedlings nursery
Vegetable and fish processing plant along with a cold room
Logistics office to provide transportation within the project site
Roads and public safety features
Public Sanitary Services
What is the role of Spire USA Inc. within the ABCDE City Projects?
Spire USA Inc is the:
- REBIFT (Recirculation Bio-floc technology) and BAMM (Backyard Macrobiotic Module) technology owner.
- Project Promoter as the partner to the PPP (Public-private Partnership Program) undertakes to set up the project on a Turn Key BOT ( Build-Operate-Transfer) basis.
- Project Consultant and Project Manager until the project is transferred to the beneficiary as a debt free, sustainable, and commercially viable venture at the end of contracted period of time.
Why do we require a local agent and what is its role?
The presence of a Local Agent is mandatory, as the Project Promoter (Spire USA Inc.) does not maintain a local presence. Spire contracts the entire management of the ABCDE City Project utilizing an expatriate management team with technicians, with the function of the buy-back agreement to guarantee the market for the harvested produce. For Spire to succeed in their obligations, the local agent must wholly undertake the local management aspect of the project.
What relies on the success of the ABCDE City Project?
- Management of human resources and the entire production by Spire USA Inc and the local Agent.
- Marketing of end products in the international organic markets through Buy-Back Agreement of Spire USA Inc.
- Management of Quality of both local input of raw materials and the output to the international markets.
- Maintaining the consistency of produce in terms of quality and quantity through management techniques and maintenance of technology by Spire USA Inc and the local Agent.
- The implementation of innovative technologies and critical processes through Spire's ongoing Research and Development.
What is the 'Microcosmic Economy' concept?
For more information on Spire's "Microcosmic Economy" concept, please visit https://www.spireusainc.com/about-us
What is the Rural Economic Development (RED) Program?
For more information on Spire's Rural Economic Developement (RED) Program, please visit https://www.spireusainc.com/about-us
What is a BAMM commercial investment program?
Primarily intended for corporate entities and is made to reap the maximum amount of revenue within the smallest footprint of land in the highest possible production numbers – as such, we incorporate shrimp into the production system for a higher profitability within a short period of time. The buy-back agreement of Spire USA Inc applies for corporate commercial projects as well.
What is BAMM?
BAMMtm (acronym for Backyard Macrobiotic Module) utilizes propreitary technology in a unit incorporating the breeding/growing of both fish (any species of freshwater fish, in tanks atop the ground) and over 40 varieties of vegetables (in grow-beds) within a 6 x 6 m2 footprint.
How does BAMM operate?
BAMM utilizes a technology that grows both vegetables and fish within the same system without the use of soil as a medium.